I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Matcha Pancakes

There are days when I love going out for brunch, but there are also days when I love having brekkie or brunch at the comfort of my own home and on days like that, I often opt to make something simple.

I love it when I have on hand some delicious Brasserie Bread (my fav being the Single Origin Sourdough) so I could put together a quick luxurious brekkie.

Very simply just a sunny side up and stir fried shrooms with thyme on toast or bacon and scrambled eggs with a small dollop of chilli jam on toast. Both easy to whip up and so delicious!


But on other days when I have got no bread sitting around in my pantry, I like having pancakes because they're equally as easy to whip up. And seeing as I am on a roll with matcha, of course I had to make green tea pancakes!

I used Zen Wonder's new culinary grade matcha known as the Nakashi. Although the Nakashi isn't as fragrant as my ultimate fav Shizen in matcha latte's, the Nakashi is good enough for me to use in baking/cooking. It is also more affordable than the Shizen.


Soft & Fluffy Matcha Pancakes
Recipe by The Bakeanista; yields 12 thick pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 6 large eggs, separated 
  • 230g plain flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp matcha powder 
  • 200ml milk 
  • Pinch of sugar (about 1 tbsp)

Method:
  1. First separate the eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another.
  2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and matcha powder into to the yolks, add milk then mix to a smooth thick batter.
  3. Whisk the whites with the sugar until they form stiff peaks. Fold into the egg yolk batter – it is now ready to use.
  4. Heat a good non-stick pan on medium heat. Pour some of your batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to look golden and firm. When you start to notice bubbles, loosen pancake with a spatula and flip it over. Continue frying until both sides are golden.
  5. Stack the pancakes up, then top or layer with whatever tickles your fancy before digging in. 
I highly recommend serving them pancakes with a good drizzle of pure maple syrup and pan-fried crispy bacon! Sweet and savoury combo are the best! ;)

No comments :

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)